Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Brittney Major's Collection hits the NYC Fashion Week Runway


Spring 2010 New York Fashion Week Day 3:

From Students To A Master With
Academy Of Art University,
Christian Siriano &
Chado • Ralph Rucci

Chadoss2010

brittney-major-aausf.jpg

Brittney Major also turned to the mid-century housewife, speaking to her southern roots by creating a line of silk plaid taffeta ensembles. A housewife-meets-unconventional preppy look, she tells CH "I took more of my inspiration from my own experience living in the South and kind of the style that people dressed down there. I love the silhouette and I wanted to bring together a collection that was fun and sophisticated." The gorgeous cuts and ruffles revealed the designers technical skills, resulting in the most wearable collection of the show.


*Brittney Major(far left in photo) is a new and rising wardrobe designer from Winston-Salem. She recently graduated from fashion school in San Fransisco, CA and is moving to NYC. Last summer she worked with Zac Posen and now hopes to land a job with Oscar de la Renta...I'm proud of her and proud to say that she is one of my most loyal clients. Congrats Brittney on your success! I'll see you in NYC!*


Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment